21 Delicious Ways to Use RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Pineapple & Pepper Blend
May 08, 2020
For many of us, the first time we glimpsed the versatility of pineapple came with our first slice of Hawaiian pizza. The fresh burst of pineapple married to salty ham and melted cheese? Indisputable proof that pineapple is a tremendous complement to a huge range of proteins and other ingredients.
Now with Simplot RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Pineapple & Pepper Blend you can easily add spectacular roasted flavor and tropical excitement to burgers, pizzas, seafood, bowls and more—just thaw and serve. This sweet and savory mix is versatile enough for every daypart and menu type. And don’t be afraid to upcharge for it: the median price of roasted dishes is up 17% over the last four years.1
Here are 21 great menu ideas for RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Pineapple & Peppers Blend:
- Pineapple Fried Rice — Sauté ham, peas and Pineapple & Pepper Blend in a wok. Scramble in an egg and add soy sauce and rice.
- Pineapple Pork Spring Rolls — Sauté ground pork with garlic, ginger and Thai chilies. Stir in Pineapple & Pepper Blend and fill rice paper wrappers.
- Sweet Cashew Chicken — Pineapple & Pepper Blend with diced chicken, yellow curry, cashews and peas.
- Pineapple Rice Bowl — Prepare brown rice with pineapple juice and coconut milk. Top with shredded pork and Pineapple & Pepper Blend. Garnish with cilantro.
- Thai Coconut Soup — Bring coconut milk, broth and ginger to a boil. Add pulled chicken, Pineapple & Pepper Blend, lime juice and chili paste. Garnish with basil and cilantro.
- Pineapple Chicken Salad — Cooked chicken with sliced almonds, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Fold in Pineapple & Pepper Blend and serve with whole wheat pitas.
- Shrimp Ceviche — Shrimp with Pineapple & Pepper Blend, avocado dices, lime juice, tequila, salt and pepper. Refrigerate and serve with wonton crisps.
- Curry Kale-Slaw — Combine Pineapple & Pepper Blend, grated carrots, almonds and grilled chicken with julienned kale. Toss with creamy curried almond dressing.
- Pineapple Chicken Quinoa Salad — Mix rotisserie chicken with Pineapple & Pepper Blend, salted pistachios, flaked coconut, and cooked quinoa. Serve over fresh arugula with a lemon vinaigrette.
- Cucumber, Tomato & Pineapple Salad — Whisk lime juice, sugar, vegetable oil, garlic paste, Sriracha and fish sauce. Toss with Pineapple & Pepper Blend, sliced cucumbers and tomato wedges.
- Nachos al Pastor — Top tortilla chips with pulled pork, Pineapple & Pepper Blend and pepper jack cheese. Serve with guacamole.
- Pineapple Ahi Poke Tower — In a ring mold, layer wakame seaweed, ahi poke, avocado dices, and Pineapple & Pepper Blend. Garnish with microgreens and sesame seeds.
- BBQ Chicken Quesadilla — Fill tortillas with Pineapple & Pepper Blend, grilled chicken, barbecue sauce and grated Monterey Jack cheese. Serve with avocado ranch sauce.
- Pineapple Guacamole — Fold Pineapple & Pepper Blend into your signature guacamole for the perfect sweet and delicious twist.
- Hawaiian Popper Bruschetta — Top toasted bruschetta crisps with smoked chili cream cheese, applewood smoked bacon, Pineapple & Pepper Blend, and queso fresco.
- Aloha Burger — Bacon cheeseburger topped with Flame-Roasted Pineapple & Pepper Blend and Sriracha aioli.
- Miso Glazed Salmon — Brush salmon with miso mixture and bake. Top with Pineapple & Pepper Blend and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Pork Belly Bao Bun — Spread Gochujang BBQ Sauce in the bun and fill with pork belly and Pineapple & Pepper Blend.
- Hawaiian Panini — Slice ciabatta and smear with Dijon honey mustard. Layer with Swiss cheese, honey ham and Pineapple & Pepper Blend.
- Jerk Shrimp Tacos — Fill tortillas with spicy grilled jerk shrimp, a cabbage slaw and Pineapple & Pepper Blend. Top with a drizzle of Pina Colada Crema.
- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Pizza — Top crust with chili garlic sauce, grilled chicken, Pineapple & Pepper Blend and Queso Chihuahua or rosemary.
See the Pineapple & Pepper Blend product page now. To learn more about this product, contact your local Simplot representative.
- Datassential MenuTrends, 2017