Products used in this recipe
A deeply flavorful noodle dish with an impressive presentation. This satisfying bowl is sure to be a winner with your patrons.
|White miso paste||2 oz.|
|Dashi broth, hot||128 fl. oz.|
|Pork belly, portioned evenly||32 oz.|
|Simplot RoastWorks®: RTE Flame-Roasted Pepper & Onion Blend 6/2.5lb||20 oz.|
|Simplot Good Grains™: Thai Style Red Quinoa & Vegetable Blend 6/2.5lb||20 oz.|
|Shitake mushrooms, fresh, stems removed, thinly sliced||5 oz.|
|Ramen noodles||10 oz.|
|Mung bean sprouts, fresh||5 oz.|
|Green onion, julienne, soaked in ice water||5 oz.|
|Crushed Red Pepper Flakes||to taste|
|Sesame oil||to taste|
|Soy sauce||to taste|
- Step 1
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Step 2
- Whisk white miso paste into hot dashi broth. Reserve. Soak kombu in hot water to soften. Roll and thinly slice. Reserve.
- Step 3
- Deep fry large chunks of pork belly in 350°F deep fryer. Cook until fully cooked and dark brown. Reserve.
- Step 4
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook Thai Style Red Quinoa Blend and Roasted Peppers & Onions until warm.
- Step 5
- Add in shitake mushrooms. Cook mixture until hot.
- Step 6
- Soak ramen noodles in a bowl of hot water until soft. Drain. Reserve.
- Step 7
- In large serving bowls, place ramen noodles. Spoon 4 oz. vegetable mixture on top of noodles. Pour hot broth into bowl, covering ingredients ¾ of the way. Place piece of 3 oz. crispy pork belly on top of noodles. Garnish with bean sprouts, green onions and watercress. Serve with crushed red pepper flakes, sesame oil and soy sauce at the table.